HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!
Not much has changed over the decade. Houston was still the talk of beating out Dallas in Sectionals, and a man name Bender was winning National titles. While some of the players have changed, the topics have remained the same. Complaints of tanking, playing out of level, year end ratings, Tri-level, Combo, etc. was just as alive back then as it is now. (No- I didn't forget mixed. It just wasn't much of a topic until we entered a narcissistic society.)
To celebrate, I thought it would be appropriate to recognize the contributors, and then provide you with some of my favorite blog posts over the past 10 years. You can click on the Blog Archives to revisit if you so wish.
Recognition to past contributors:
Carey Bazan aka Lucky Thunder (Founding Father)
Corey Noel (CoreDawg aka Nancy)
TOP 10 BLOG POSTS:
10) Monday, July 20, 2009 3.5 City Wrap Up - It was the beginning of using pictures in the blog post and was aimed at me, spawning me to begin anonymously blogging as Captain Fantastic.
9) Monday, December 1, 2008 Year End Ratings About To Drop - Coming at the top with number of comments - 357. Yes the blog was alive and well back then. Complaints about getting Benchmark rankings.
8) Sunday, May 23, 2010 Working the System - Roussouw submits his Jerry McGuire essay. Unfortunately, Klamecki switched to Subscribe, and when he switched back, all comments were lost. I would have loved to have read those.
7) Wednesday, February 19, 2014 THE LORD OF THE RATINGS – THE RETURN OF THE KELLY CASTING CALL FOR DTA PRODUCTIONS - Not because this was about Kelly, but because it was the birth of Murray Langston and him graciously taking over the blog.
6) Unfortunately, it was another post with suppressed comments, but miraculously, when year end ratings come out, the system is overloaded and locks up, and Bob Somabut gets 10 of his players that were bumped up and benchmarked, appealed back down a level. And Kelly thinks he is special.
Since I can't find the link, I regress with one of my drunken Christmas poems:
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - Twas the Night before Christmas
5) Saturday, October 8, 2011 - Good Readings for the Fall - I truly think this is good advice, and if more adhered to my suggestions, there would be less complaining about the tanking.
4) Monday, October 14, 2013 - Dallas 3.5s Bring home 1st 40 and Over National Title
3) Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - Team Arcaria Finishes 2nd at Tri-Level Nationals - A personal knock on me and had me reveal my identity. Looking back, outside of the jealous tone, it is kind of funny, especially having my face superimposed in all of those historic pictures. I hold no grudges and see Klamecki each year at the Bent Tree Indoor Classic.
2) Sunday, July 18, 2010 - Star Wars 7 - Decimation of the Sith (aka GTC) - What can I say. It was an epic time, and an epic post.
AND THE NUMBER ONE BLOG PLOST ...........
1) Sunday, August 5, 2012 - Hitler Plays USTA league tennis in Dallas - Not sure who produced this, but did create the rave in Dallas.
I am sure there are several other posts that could have been listed, especially some of Murray's recent writings, or the show-down between Gerber and Bazan. However, I haven't had the time to stay up-to-date on things or go back and read them all. These were just some that stuck in my mind. I hope you enjoy!
Thanks Carey --- to 10 more years?!!