This year's grass event is intriguing even though Nadal is out.
A couple of obvious plotlines:
- Will Federer continue to capitalize on Nadal's absence to lock down GOAT status (if he hadn't already).
- Will Andy Murray electrify Britain and keep the trophy home for first time since Fred Perry.
- If Murray does win, will he wear a kilt to the Champion's ball (he is a Scot after all and it would help to distract the attention away from that weird hair)
- Can Andy Roddick take advantage and at least play for the title again?
- Will James Blake show up?
- Will the Bryan Brothers finally get back on track?
Some very good first round matches to look forward to:
- Lleyton Hewitt vs Robby Ginepri
- Andy Roddick vs Jeremy Chardy
- Sam Querrey vs Ivan Ljubicic
- Rainer Schuettler vs Xavier Malisse
- James Blake vs Fabrice Santoro (i love watching how he confounds everyone on tour - he's retiring this year)
Grass is unpredictable but I think Federer's dominance is not. He will win again.