Friday, February 6, 2015

Spring Flex League

Hey everybody,

For those of us who aren't over 40 or those who want more tennis, I have an option for you.My latest edition of the flex league is just around the corner.  The previous league had players from a 3.0 to 5.5 level.  The goal is to get the most competitive matches possible and meet new players to compete against.  Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.  I have answered the most common questions below.

1. Where does the league play? You and your opponent determine where you play.  Typically a midpoint between the two players. 

2.  When does the league play?  You will play one match a week whenever you and your opponent are both available.  If you can't agree on a day and time the week you're scheduled, its OK!  You have the entire league to play every opponent.

3.  How long does the league last?  The league typically lasts 8-10 weeks.  So ideally we start in mid February and finish right around the time USTA begins in mid April (so ideal practice for the upcoming season.

4.  What's this prize money all about?  Assuming each flight is full (8 players/teams or more) then I pay $80 to first place and $20 to second.  I have paid out more than $2000 in prize money in the league's hisory

5.  How much does it cost?  $20 per person, $40 per team.

6.  Who can play?  Players of any skill level.  Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles all available.

7. How do I sign up?  Simply email me back at coredawg5.0@gmail.com and tell me you want to play!!  

8. When does it start?  I'm shooting for February 16 as the start date.

9.  What's the playing format?  We play two sets, regular scoring.  If both players/teams agree to play the third set out you can.  Otherwise you must play a 10-point tiebreaker.  Points are awarded for each set won.  Player with the most points at the end of the season ends.  Ties are broken first by head to head, then set win percentage, then games won percentage. 

10.  How can I track results?  I now have a Google document that will have all the players' contact information, matchups, standings, and results.  You just email me the scores and I will input the results.   Here is the last flex league to give you an idea of how it works.  

Fall Flex League

11.  Why should I play?  Because it's fun and an opportunity to meet and play with new players at a similar skill level!-- 

Look forward to having you all sign up!

Thanks
Corey