For those of us that are trying to win every time we step on the court and improve our game every week there are play-offs. The seedings are as follows (it's very complicated due to the unbalanced schedule and flights)
- Fair Oaks 8&0 - have some strong players (Fleming & Cervantes) but have made it unbeaten through a seemingly weakish flight and didn't have to play Brookhaven - however, finishing unbeaten is impressive;
- TBar 7&1 These veterans have played consistently well all fall;
- GlenEagles 7&1 - came through clearly the toughest flight despite losing their 3 studs to 5.0. This is a team to be reckoned with;
- Lakes 7&1 - Continue to ride Welwood & Jannesch and have enough other weapons to find their way to 3 wins every week;
- Brookhaven 7&1 - Not sure what to make of this rebuilt team. Are they dangerous? of course but who will be available;
- Greenhill 5&2 - Disappointing showings against TBar and DFW Hilton. Hopefully they fare better next week - lucky not to be the 8th seed or even in the playoffs at all;
- JCC 6&2 - I am surprised this team didn't win flight B and are the dark-horse to win the tournament
- Village 5&2 - Seem to have struggled to get their best players out but I suspect they will do so for the play-offs. This is a dangerous team. Tim Frick is a very good player as are Baker, Vacalis & Peiser
No Royal Oaks! No Oak Creek! Were the 2 Dallas Sectionals representatives drained by the August heat?
The format is knock-out! Not round robin.
Matches are split between Brookhaven & LBHouston on friday at 6pm Semis at Brookhaven at 11am on Sat and final at 3pm at Canyon Creek.
Based on the above seedings match-ups are:
Fair Oks vs Village
Lakes vs Brookhaven
GlenEagles vs Greenhill
TBar vs JCC
I think JCC will play the Village in the final
I suspect that Brookhaven & TBar will lose some players to 40s sectionals which happens in Arlington on the same weekend.