To bide the time between the Tri-level and the Abilene tourney, I was curious on folks thoughts on what is going on Down-Under. A few rounds are already under the belt, but it is still not clear who will win the first major.
Is it going to be:
1) Nadal - new number one and the current Grand Slam King
2) Federer - Is the great one back on form and is the motivation of hating being referred to #2 going to be the difference?
3) Djokovic - can he repeat?
4) Murray - the hot guy on tour and the Bookie favourite
5) Tsonga - is this tourney special for him again and is he finally healthy?
6) Simon - moving up the ladder quickly
7) Roddick - can he get back to winning form?
8) Del Potro - another high flyer since the summer
9) Blake - can Obama inspire him to break through?
Or will someone else come out of the woodwork again like a Baghdatis, Fish, Ferrer Ljubicic?
It will be an interesting next ten days as there are some great matchups in the near term such as Roddick - Santoro; Fish - Baghdatis; Federer - Safin; Ferrer - Del Potro in 4th rd. and any of the matchups likely in the Nadal part of the draw.
I am not a Nadal fan per se, but he is my bet on winning this based on what I saw yesterday. His athleticism and skill are a lethal combination in this tourney. His toughest matches will likely be in the middle rounds so if he is gets through them it may make the big name matchups a little easier to handle.
Should be some good tennis, it's nice to have more than just 1-2 players capable of winning.